Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Gold markings

Hello, I was wondering if you've ever come across any jewelry (ring) with Korea stamped inside the band and on the other side is the letter H?

Thanks for your time,

Dear Karen, for several years USA jewelry maker trade organizations have been pushing for more effective and consistent C.O. markings for imported jewelry. This means Country of Origin as in Mexico, China, Italy, Korea and others. More technical and federally written  information may be found here: The U.S. Border and Protection Agency issues guidelines on suitable marking methods.

While some items have only a glued sticker which is generally removed by the owner, the preferred method is stamping as in your ring. The "Korea" is definitely a country of origin stamp. As for the H, that is likely abbreviation for a particular manufacturer.  None of these marks apply to the kind or quality of metal making up the ring body.  A jeweler can test the metal(likely for  a fee)but gold or whatever cannot be determined from the stamped marks you have.  

Thanks so much for the question.  God Bless and Peace.  Thomas Haynes.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.