Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Gem samples box

Unknown stone when blue
Unknown stone when blu  

Unknown stone when raspberry
Unknown stone when ras  
Trying to identify this stone. It changes color. Blue green to raspberry. 4kt. Emerald cut. What is it and value if possible.

I can say with good but not perfect certainty, this is a synthetic sapphire with the right chemical make up to change color from incandescent to fluorescent light.  Daylight may show mixed color but generally that of incandescent(such as a normal, not led) flashlight or tungsten light bulb.
This simulates Alexandrite, as gem stone which does this naturally but is quite rare and extremely expensive in such a size.  

Google "alexanderite color change" and you should get some images. The color is close but not really the same.  Have a jeweler check it out if you want to know 100% is is a man made and not natural gem.

These simulated alexandrite s has been on the market for many years and is quite attractive and durable in its own right.

If you want or need a follow up, that is fine with me.

God Bless and Peace.   Thomas

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.