Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Silver

Question
http://www.silver-calculator.com

I have 20 6mm sterling silver beads with .071" holes which cost me about $20. They weigh 3 grams all together roughly. According to this website that weight of sterling silver should cost less than $2.00. Am I not using that site correctly or was I grossly overcharged?

Answer
James, your answer is here, price yours compared to these from Rio Grande Jewelry supply:

http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Sterling-Silver-6mm-Round-Seamless-Bead/411006?

The weight is not given but that should not change the price of hollow beads significantly unless quite thick or hand made.

Sorry if if this answer is a day late. The allexperts site routinely fails to deliver questions to me(via email) and many inquiries to their customer service have gone unanswered as to why.

Looks like you paid too much. Indeed! Considering manufacturing costs and all associated with getting the product to the customer, direct comparison of item price to that of sterling grain or raw working stock is not an accurate comparison.  Comparison of going market prices is a better gauge.

God Bless and Peace.  Thomas.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas