Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/gold mark

Hi, I have several gold coloured bracelets which all bear the same stamps ; two dogs heads in profile facing right, ear raised.

I have seen a similar mark on various sites that state that a dogs head was used in France to mark platinum or combined with an eagles head to denote a mix of gold and platinum.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated

Try this chart for French items of gold or silver. Keep in mind,items imported into the USA will generally bear the marks legal in the USA, not marks used in France for items manufactured there.
(click to enlarge two steps)

Here is good info on platinum including alloys of plat and gold:

Martin, I hope this info will help you.  An inexpensive 10x jewelers loupe (eyepiece) will help with markings difficult to read. An old trick for silver serving pieces is to soot over the mark with candle smoke then place transparent over that to peel off and obtain a copy. Place the tape gently on white paper to read the lifted mark.

God Bless and Peace.  Thomas.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.