Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/How to clean tarnish off technibond jewelry

Could you please give mm email some suggestions on how to clean tarnish off technibond jewelry, I brought from hsn.Thank youplug4

revised: That is great. Apparently the polymer coating worked and this was surface discoloration.  Good to know, thanks.

Dear Sharon, the best I can tell is that Technibond is different from normal plated costume jewelry in that there is a polymer (thin plastic like layer?)outside layer.  This outside layer is supposed to prevent tarnish.  Apparently with your items tarnish has occurred.  If a surface soiling, a cloth should wipe it off.  Otherwise, I believe nothing can be done becsuse the discoloration is beneath the outside layer and is metal tarnish a layer down.  Rub down to the metal and all is exposed to environmental gases and chemicals which bring about tarnish to all exposed metal.

Ebay says this about it:

If you can find a contact on HSN or a seller of Technibond on ebay, there is an outside, likely very outside chance they can provide advice.

Best wishes with a workable solution.  God Bless and Peace. Thomas  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.