Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Jewelry value

I have a platinum plated cz necklace resemblant to a tennis bracelet. I it of any value, if I were to sell it?

This bracelet is of unknown metal to me. In fact, platinum plate and cz is all I know and that is definitely not enough to give a value.  If sterling underneath the plated layer, it is worth at least the value of a silver bracelet of similar weight.  Look at some sterling/cz tennis bracelets on the net to get in the ballpark.  Look for a "sterling" or 925  stamp to see if it is sterling. If so, it may be valued close to what a gold plated (vermeil) cz/sterling bracelet is worth.

Otherwise,at a yard sale for instance, it is worth what someone is willing to pay.  I suggest you find a ball park value as mentioned above, price it slightly higher and and see what it will bring. That ball park price is fair to you and to a customer.  The platinum layer is not enough to add much if any to the price at this point.

God Bless and Peace.  Thomas.

Sorry, simply not enough to go on sight unseen on my end!

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.