Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/About Lab grown Diamonds - "YAGS"

I hope you can answer this question for me.
Back in the 1970's, there was a company called OPHAN Jewelers, and I sold some jewelry for them as a salesman.
Their diamonds were lab grown YAGS (Yitrium Aluminum Garnets)
They were grown for industrial use, but was discovered they had an excellent diamond alternative for jewelry because of its outstanding Color and Clarity, and had a hardness of of 9.75 on the MOHS Scale.
It appears today, Moissanite? is comparable. I have not been able to locate any YAG stones or jewelry available as Simulated Diamonds. Can you help?

I have never heard of this company however you can try contacting the Gemological Institute of America .... G I A it is located in Carlsbad California they may be able to help ...
I'm sure you can find their phone number by googling them Hope this helps regards Rolfe

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Rolfe Foxwell

I will answer any questions regarding semi-precious stones or precious stones. I will answer questions regarding mounting both semi-precious and precious stones. I can also answer most questions regarding small manufacturing. I can not answer questions regarding casting or fine jewelry.

I am a small manufacturer of jewelry for semi-precious stones. I have been working in this area for 10 years. Our Major stones are Larimar (from the Caribbean) and Dichroic ( a man made crystal ). The majority of our work is in silver and 14k gold. We do not deal in fine jewelry such as diamonds..