Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/I forgot to post this picture with my question

Question
Bracelet
Bracelet  
I apologize, I forgot to post the picture with the question.

Answer
Hi Lizzie,
Just by deductive reasoning without even getting into the science, if this would be a real diamond and emerald bracelet, you would be looking at probably a $100,000 item or their abouts. These "emeralds" are big and would be therefore expensive. Now if Henrie drives a Ferrari and taunts other "very expensive" items I might be persuaded that your bracelet is real. Otherwise I would take the authenticity of it with a big grain of salt.
Now to the science side. If this is indeed diamonds and emeralds then your gold bracelet part should have a number, such as 24K or similar to authenticated the gold part.
Given a positive stone ID from a picture is always tricky. You could take the bracelet to a real jeweler and have it assessed. Sometimes they do this for free and that would be probably your easiest and most accurate route.
There are some quick home tests you can do. Both emeralds and diamonds are very hard. Get a piece of glass and use a diamond and emerald on your bracelet to scratch the glass. You will need to push a little. Diamonds and emeralds should leave a scratch with very little effort. If you have to push very hard to get a scratch or if no scratch develops then this are definitely NOT diamonds and emeralds.
Also, diamonds are hydrophobic, which means that they repel water. If you clean the diamond part of your bracelet real well with alcohol to remove all oils from it and then put a single drop of water on it, turn it upside down. If the drop falls off and water does not seem to cling to the diamonds, only to the metal parts or the emeralds, then you have most likely real diamonds. If, however, the water clings to the diamond and your drop stays put, like a dew drop, then you have a high probability that the diamonds are fake.
Hope this helps. Wish I could do more. Again my best recommendation, take it to a jeweler.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Uwe Richard Kackstaetter, Ph.D. (Dr.K)