Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/polishing lapis

Hi, I recently had a piece I didnt't protect properly while electroforming and I messed up the surface of a set in lapis cab I was wondering if there is a way I can grind down the surface and find the shine again. I have used my dremel tool to take it down a bit and it doesnt have the ugly grey look any more but it is dull from the grinding and I wanted to know how to put a shine back on it. Thank you for any help.

I am not an expert in this field but anyway what I think you should do is buy a small tube of Flitz
And polish it with something with a much higher RPM than in from dremel  (Foredom)...try to buy from Albuquerque....
Also try to find a stone cutter someone that carves and polishes gemstones they're the ones that really Ill will know

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Rolfe Foxwell

I will answer any questions regarding semi-precious stones or precious stones. I will answer questions regarding mounting both semi-precious and precious stones. I can also answer most questions regarding small manufacturing. I can not answer questions regarding casting or fine jewelry.

I am a small manufacturer of jewelry for semi-precious stones. I have been working in this area for 10 years. Our Major stones are Larimar (from the Caribbean) and Dichroic ( a man made crystal ). The majority of our work is in silver and 14k gold. We do not deal in fine jewelry such as diamonds..