Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Metal marking?

Question
Marking
Marking  
I acquired this ring from my grandmother and was told it was her grandmothers wedding ring. I believe it's from 1915 give or take but I can't seem to figure out what kind of metal it is. It has the markings CB14k or CR14k stamped inside, hard to tell which from wear. It's total carat weight is 10.50. Can you be of any help?

Answer
Ashley, the important mark is the 14k.  Thr letters are likely maker's marks. From the stamp, the ring should be 14k gold.  A jeweler should be able to test the metal for you.  As for age, I have no way of knowing accurately from long distance!  Many modern rings are made in these attractive older styles and that confuses the age issue. The history of the ring would be the "provenance" used by an antiques dealer to help establish date and if family history is accurate you should be able to date the ring within a reasonable time period.

God Bless and Peace.  Thomas.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas