Jewelry Making/Precious Metal Clay&fine silver

Question
QUESTION: Hello.
I recently saw a video of an item precious metal clay(both silver&gold). Each product says that after  firing the end result will be .999 silver(with silver clay of course)& genuine gold(with gold clay).
This confuses me as I know gold&silver are mined. I didn't think either could be man made. My question is if I were to use this clay to make a piece of jewerly(a locket,ring,etc)would the item be genuine? Would it test and function as real .999,.925,&10 silver &/or 14ct gold? Or would I essetially be making a gold or silver plated piece?
Thanks in advance.
Dwight

ANSWER: This must be a new product I have not heard of it. It does make sense that it would be possible, but I would have to do more research. you would also have to pay as much or more as gold & silver for it. Thanks for letting me know about It I will give you an update when I have found out more.
Chris

QUESTION: Thanks very much for the prompt response.
I look forward to your opinion on this&the update.
Best regards!

Answer
I have been very busy moving and didn't have time to research your question but didn't appreciate the 4 in knowlegability however here is the information you require:
http://redwriteblue.com/metalclay/metalclay.html

It seems like it should be a lot of fun to work with. I hope you enjoy.
Chris

Jewelry Making

Chris Eilertsen