Jewelry Making/Blue rhodium

Hi, I have been having issues re-plating blue rhodium using both a plating process and turning the solution into a dip.. it either comes out too dark, black/grey, or yellowish.... any tips? have you had any success/ used blue rhodium?

also I have tried using a thermo shield and it still comes off..

color selection
color selection  
Chelsea, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner I was out this weekend .
I found a company in Italy called Legor
that makes the blue Rhodium plating solution however they call it

This is a new Process and seems to be less expensive than Regular Rhodium plating. I spoke with my two main suppliers in the US and they didn't cary it yet however if your ready to order 24 kilos minimum and 4kilos minim of each color you can order it direct, and don't forget the acid bath and rinse and filters needed.   I didn't call the company but hopefully The guys at Stuller will investigate it and carry it soon. It looks very promising.

The products of Kliar Line are a composite material in which a resin is used as a matrix and ceramic nanoparticles as an additive. These products have proved to be much more resistant to tarnishing than the most effective passivating solutions available on the market today. What makes KLIAR LINE a unique line of products on the market is its exceptional resistance to wear due to the combination of resins and ceramic nanoparticles. This combination provides a resin with high resistance to wear without affecting all the other characteristics. The exponential increase in resistance to abrasion is correlated not so much with the increase in surface hardness as with the fact that the ceramic surface film considerably reduces the friction, forming an auto-lubricating covering.
They form a uniform amalgam with the resin as if it were a solution instead of a dispersion and they therefore interact with the matrix, forming one single body.
You can read more about it on their website at
I hope this answers your question.  

Jewelry Making

Chris Eilertsen

I have been in the Jewelry Industry 20 years and Apprenticed as a silver smith took classes in Casting sculpting repair and trained under master gold and silver smiths as well as some experience in Faceting and diamond cutting and polishing for repair. Plating, Wax work, Diamond Setting, Engraving, Carving, Mold Making, design, some watch repair, tool making, enamel work, refining, mining, sales, sand blasting, casting. Have worked in Platinum, Gold, Silver, Pewter, Brass, Bronze, Aluminum,Steel,Titanium,Wood, Plastic, and Stone. 10 years Appraisal work in Jewelry.

20 years commercial experience in Repair Manufacturing and sales of Jewelry 3 years school 4 year apprentice. Worked on the duplication of the treasure found on the Spanish Galleon Maravalla by Dr. Cecil Humphreys. Traveled with and manufactured the souvenirs and miscellaneous replicas from the King Tut Exhibit when it visited the US.

Former member AGTA and GIA and a ten year member of Memphis Jewelers association. 17 years experience in Tuscon Jewelry shows buying and selling.

JCK Tuscon Show Gude

Classes at MSU and The Memphis art academy in Jewelry sculpting, Specialized Repair school, and 2 apprenticeships in Silversmithing from Juelius Astor, and Goldsmithing from Katchic Yacubian both masters for over 35 years each.Studied with Dr. Richard Prilliman, and several others.

JCK Tuscon Show honorable mention in design.

Dr. Cecil Humphreys Finder of the Spanish Galleon Maravalla, The Vanderbilts, Miscellaneous repair antique estate pieces. Elvis Presley Repair and Appraise 2 pieces of jewelry. Rifat Hassan and Nihall Mumtaz With the King Tut Exhibit. Trade work for over 36 Major Chains from Zales to Sams.