Jewelry Making/retirement locket

Question
I have a locket that was given to my grandfather for retirement around 1949 or 50.  It is marked "14" over "NECO" in a diamond shape.  Does this mean that the locket is 14K?  If not, what does this mark mean?  Thank you.

Answer
most retirement jewelry is made of 10, 14 or 18kt gold , I am not familiar with the markings you mentioned your best solution  would be to take it to a local jeweler or pawn shop and have it tested in front of you, I have seen too many pieces marked in a lot of different ways, names and trademarks from items made from the late 1800's to present remember that anybody can purchase a $10 dollar 14kt  stamp and put it on jewelry sadly it happens too often so if you want to be 100 % sure have it tested by a reputable local jeweler, GILBERT GOMEZ (42 years of experience) GOOD LUCK

Jewelry Making

Gilbert Gomez