Jewelry Making/retirement locket

I have a locket that was given to my grandfather for retirement around 1949 or 50.  It is marked "14" over "NECO" in a diamond shape.  Does this mean that the locket is 14K?  If not, what does this mark mean?  Thank you.

most retirement jewelry is made of 10, 14 or 18kt gold , I am not familiar with the markings you mentioned your best solution  would be to take it to a local jeweler or pawn shop and have it tested in front of you, I have seen too many pieces marked in a lot of different ways, names and trademarks from items made from the late 1800's to present remember that anybody can purchase a $10 dollar 14kt  stamp and put it on jewelry sadly it happens too often so if you want to be 100 % sure have it tested by a reputable local jeweler, GILBERT GOMEZ (42 years of experience) GOOD LUCK

Jewelry Making

Gilbert Gomez

casting, manufacturing, mold making, hand fabrication, wax carving and diamond and stone setting

I have been making jewelry for 42 years started with silver and now work with all metals silver, gold, palladium and platinum

due to unfortunate circumstances I only went to grade school