Jewelry Making/crimping

Question
When using a crimper tool, does the crimp bead go into the dipped area of the crimper OR the flat somewhat raised area? Thanks

Answer
That sometimes depends on the size of the bead, crimp, and the crimping tool.

You just have to eye the crimp as you close it and make sure it is secure and neat, sometimes that takes using both parts of the tool, or even another pair of pliers to clean up the crimp to match the bead or end piece. Don't be afraid to be adventurous and creative. My first instructor always told me the mark of a good jeweler is the one who can make his own tools as well.
Good luck  

Jewelry Making

Chris Eilertsen