Jewish Teens/Asking out

Question
I'm a sophomore and I would like to ask out this girl at school but she's 18. Is that legal? Both in law and religion. I can't find anything against it, but I want to be sure.

Answer
Hi Dustin

I can't comment about secular law, but is it is legal in Jewish law. The thing is that Jewish law also has rules of how you date: Focus on the meaningful side of a relationship and keep the physical to an absolute minimum (definitely no sleeping together before marriage). This ensures that you build a strong and meaningful connection before you expose yourselves in a way that could make breaking up later much more difficult.

You may find this link helpful: http://www.chabad.org/theJewishWoman/article_cdo/aid/313388/jewish/Relationships

Sincerely,

Rabbi Shishler

Jewish Teens

Rabbi Ari Shishler