Job Hunting Tips/Searching for a first job

Hi, my name is Taylor. I'm 19 years old and I am searching for my first job. I tried a few restaurants and ice cream shops and I either received no response or  rejection. If I was asked for an interview, I would not get the job. I'm thinking that I'm applying for jobs that are out of my league. My question for you is what places do you recommend for someone's first job? Thank you.

Big box stores (Walmart, Loew's, Target, etc.) and ice cream shops and restaurants are good targets and you have to make a lot of contacts as it is a numbers game. However it will help you you to know how to get your resume directly to the boss. If you will send your email address to me at I will send at no obligation a 4 email job search plan that will show you how to do this. Keep this as it will help you for the rest of your life. Good luck! Bob.

Job Hunting Tips

Robert M. Walshaw

I can answer job search questions and can email a very effective and unique job search plan that is almost guaranteed to work if you work the plan. I will also email resume and cover letter examples as well as some tough love advice all free. No internet questions.

Many years of experience as President and General Manager of both large and small corporations, hiring people up to the Vice Presidential level

Currently President and CEO of the FREE JOB HELP SOCIETY

BS - Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts MBA - Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts