Job Hunting Tips/Back to the bottom?

Hi Robert!

After some consideration, I am deciding to put in my two weeks notice with my current restaurant job. Unfortunately I feel like I'm not going anywhere, so I am looking elsewhere to fulfill job requirements that match my upcoming AA degree in Business Management/Administration. I have another job, so I will not be entirely out of income.

My primary concern is that if I start a new job at the bottom, how long will I be at the bottom? Will I be stuck there again as in my previous job? I don't necessarily mind starting from the bottom (even if it means washing dishes), but I just fear that the three and a half years I spent in Management will be great experience, but not being used. Am I over thinking this? Is this a rational concern? Your help is most appreciated.

The worst thing that you can do is to quit a job before you have found the next one. Don't do it. And regarding how long at the bottom, I am not being short with you, but it depends on your abilities, your attitude and your performance. Be on time, do extra when you can, help others, etc. Also you might consider adding to your education. And if and when you are looking for another position if you will send your email address to me at I will send at no obligation a 4 email job search plan that really works IF YOU WORK THE PLAN. Good luck.

Job Hunting Tips

Robert M. Walshaw

I can answer job search questions and can email a very effective and unique job search plan that is almost guaranteed to work if you work the plan. I will also email resume and cover letter examples as well as some tough love advice all free. No internet questions.

Many years of experience as President and General Manager of both large and small corporations, hiring people up to the Vice Presidential level

Currently President and CEO of the FREE JOB HELP SOCIETY

BS - Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts MBA - Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts