Job Hunting Tips/Should I apply for a job slightly beyond my ability?

Question
Dear Sir,

May I ask if one should apply for a job which seems to be slightly beyond one's own ablity.

I am thinking of leaving my current company to move to another company (same job). That company is advertising a new position.

I have to admit that the descriptions and responsibilities are a bit beyond my current responsibility. It seems my current manager is the best bet.

In this case, should I still apply, hoping for some luck?

Thank you.

Answer
Certainly. Job ads often exaggerate the responsibilities of a job. Just be careful not to jeopardize your current position.

And for the future, if you will send your email address to me at walshaw1@cox.net I will send at no cost a very effective 4 email job search plan that really works IF YOU WORK THE PLAN. You could also use it to apply for the position that you are currently interested in. Save the plan as it can help you for the rest of your career. Good luck! Bob.  

Job Hunting Tips

Robert M. Walshaw