Job Hunting Tips/Why I left the job

Question
Dear Mr. Walshaw,

In the section on an application that asks, "why did you leave the job?", I have been writing: "For personal reasons... I resigned to prioritize and deal with some difficulties... I gave the company 3 weeks notice and served them faithfully until then."

In your opinion does this disqualify me in the employer's eyes? Is it proper?

I left a coffee house after 8 months.

Thank you for your time during your busy schedule.

Sincerely,

David

Answer
Better to say that I resigned to help my family with some problems, and also note that you gave 3 weeks notice. If you would like some free excellent advice for your next job search send your email address to me at walshaw1@cox.net. no obligation. Good luck.

Job Hunting Tips

Robert M. Walshaw