Job Hunting Tips/Waiting on the follow-up

Question
About two and a half weeks ago (9/12) I interviewed with a company I was very excited to work for and feel quite qualified for it. After speaking to the owner during my interview, I was sure I had the job. However, they had a lot of things to do with their business before they wanted to bring someone new in. I asked when they expected to be hiring and they said about 3 weeks out. Though it has only been 2 weeks on 9/25, I called to check in regarding the position to see where I stood and if they had chosen a candidate yet(I had already sent the thank-you letter the day after the interview.) They said they were still immersed in the business changes but that they would contact me within a few days. I would expect a call Monday but don't want to be pushy. How long should I wait for a call before checking in again? Should I contact them again Friday? I'm very excited about this position and truly in need of a job.

Answer
This is always a difficult situation, and you are right not to be pushy. There should be nothing wrong in contacting them Friday if you have not heard anything, letting them know that you are still very interested.

However things happen and you need to cover all of your bases. If you will send your email address to me at walshaw1@cox.net I will send at no obligation a 4 email job search plan that really works if you work the plan. Good luck!

Job Hunting Tips

Robert M. Walshaw