Job Hunting Tips/Getting an employer's attention

Question
I'm looking for a job and struggling. I'm a very competent and professional employee, which I know that I can express in interviews, but I think my lack of consistent job experience is preventing employers from even looking twice at my resume.

As far as professional experience goes, I had two internships in college (one summer internship and one semester internship), and then two jobs after college that only lasted about 6 months each (with gaps between). I know it's not ideal, but there were extenuating circumstances that I can explain in an interview.

Basically, I want to know how I can get an employer's attention, despite a somewhat sketchy work history? I know a good cover letter is going to be the key, but is there anything else I can do to stand out?

Answer
I help people all over the world on a totally free basis. If you will send your email address to me at walshaw1@cox.net I will send you a 4 email jpb search plan that includes a sample resume, a sample cover letter, some tough love advice and a job search plan that works almost totally if a job seeker WORKS THE PLAN. Good luck!

Job Hunting Tips

Robert M. Walshaw