Job Hunting Tips/Can one find manager-level job via recruitment sites?

Dear Sir,

If you want to find manager-level jobs, can you really find them via sites like glassdoor or monster?

I mean, I believe these sites are very useful for lower-level jobs.

But, for more senior roles, is it true that it is useless to apply via these sites, as those companies would try to find other ways, like personal recommendations, to fill in these roles?

Thank you

Hi Liam. There are five ways to get management and professional jobs:

!. Networking - call or meet with every one you have ever known who might have heard something.

2. Ads - a low % but there are jobs

3. Reruiters - remember they work for companies, and never pay them any money, bot they have jobs.

4. The internet - a low % and time consuming

5. A special unique job search plan that I developed years ago and that has helped people to find jobs all over the world.

I will send this plan to you free in 4 emails if you will send your email address to me at It contains a sample resume, a sample cover letter, some tough love advice and the special plan that will  work absonutely IF YOU WORK THE PLAN. I got my last management job at the age of 64 using this plan. This is not a gimmick. I don't sell books or tapes or solicit consulting business. You can check me out at or Google Bob Walshaw. Good luck!

Job Hunting Tips

Robert M. Walshaw

I can answer job search questions and can email a very effective and unique job search plan that is almost guaranteed to work if you work the plan. I will also email resume and cover letter examples as well as some tough love advice all free. No internet questions.

Many years of experience as President and General Manager of both large and small corporations, hiring people up to the Vice Presidential level

Currently President and CEO of the FREE JOB HELP SOCIETY

BS - Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts MBA - Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts