Jogging & Running/Bilateral Hip pain after running

Laura wrote at 2012-12-31 05:30:24
Hi Heather,

Did you ever get a diagnosis.  I am experiencing the same pain after stopping for several years after the birth of my kids.  After researching, I feel it might be weak gluteal muscles but am unsure. I would love to hear your experience.

Jogging & Running

Wendy Stewart

I can answer questions related to women's running, beginning running, running for weight loss, common running injuries, and youth running. I cannot diagnose injuries or health problems. I can also answer questions related to nutrition and running.

I have been a runner for 15 years. I ran HS cross country, graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy and now consider myself a long distance runner. I have used running to lose weight and as a form of meditation/self-therapy. I coach others to improve their running ability in sports such as swimming and cheerleading. I have completed running distances from 5k's to half marathons.

ACE, USA Track and Field, USA Cycling, IDEA

I have a B.S. in History from the United States Naval Academy, a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Baltimore and currently working on a Master of Arts in Legal and Ethical Studies from the University of Baltimore.