Jogging & Running/Groin pain AFTER run

CLD wrote at 2009-10-26 16:26:20
The first answer is the most ridiculous thing I've seen.

I have the same issue; I run on trails and on the road, only 2.5 to 3 miles a day. Right around the 2.5 mile mark, I'll get pain at the top of my left leg, near my groin. It goes away later, but makes lifting my leg or getting out of the car a bit difficult.

I believe it's a groin strain, possibly caused by a quick change of direction while on the trail or something similar. Ice, rest and stretching should fix it. It'll just take time.

However, it's nothing weird and it's perfectly normal.

dsh wrote at 2010-05-05 06:17:17
I have the EXACT same problem and it's definitely not due to my weight or lack of strength. I'm female and weigh about 120, I do a lot of strength/core/pilates, but running always hurts.  

Bob wrote at 2011-06-18 17:47:04
Jared - I have the exact same thing as you.  I have to be extra careful getting up out of the car or off the couch after good hard runs.  My groin gets so tight it can be painful.  never any pain when I run and always clears up within an hour or two after running.  Love to find out whats going on also.

Abhijit wrote at 2013-01-02 20:44:21
Have any of you figured this out by now ? :-)  I have the same issue too.  I have no pain when running at all, no matter whether it is a 5 mile run or a 20 mile run.  After the post-run stretches I get into the car, and when I get to my

destination, getting out of the car is really painful. It takes 1-2 hours for the groin pain to go away.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Abhijit

Jogging & Running

Jared Cravens