Jogging & Running/1 Mile Event after Injury..

Question
I'm able to Run 1MILE in 7.5 MINS. I just recover from an Injury (stayed 45 Days). Now, on 17/11/12 I've an Event for A mile. I want to give a Good Competition. Pls Guide Me How Could I try It. I want to reduce My timing to 6Mins(Max). I Know It is not Practically Possible. But, I want to Try. Any Suggestions, Expert.

Thanx for Your Valuable Time.

Answer
I'm really sorry about your injury Deepak. If you're healthy enough to do this mile there are ways to get you closer to 6 mins, but don't try unless you are healthy enough to. Since I don't know what your injury was I don't know what you're capable of. However, if you're at a 7.5 min mile and you'd like to get to 6 mins, I have 4 suggestions.

1) Train twice a day if possible. They don't need to be equal length, but if one of them could be 10-15 mins and the other 45-60 mins that'd be great.

2) Run fast. Doing a workout of 10, 400 meter runs is a fabulous workout because your body learns to recover quickly and it increases your body's ability to run a mile faster without your legs getting as sore.

3) Practice running a mile. If you want to be a better mile runner, then practice running a mile. You could do 1 mile on your short workout each day.

4) Run for 20-40 mins straight 3 times each week.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about improving your mile time. Good luck!

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey