Jogging & Running/foam rollers

Question
Do you know anything about foam rollers? I am looking into getting one in order to massage my shins in order to avoid such bad shin splints. My understanding is that there are different levels of rollers, blue being a medium level of hardness and black being very solid. Do you think a medium level or a very high density would be best for massaging shins?

I appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Rachel

Answer
Good question Rachel. I strongly suggest the blue one. The muscle your massaging is your anterior tibialis which can be pretty sore. The goal is to get rid of any trigger points and prevent any from forming and the softer one will do it for you and be less painful.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck running and not having shin splints!

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey