Jogging & Running/Calf strain - question re total motion release for calf

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your quick response.  Are there any total motion release exercise videos for the calf?  Trying to find some online, but haven't been successful yet.

Good question Cecilia. Total motion release is not geared for a specific body part. The principles of it are based upon the "kinetic chain" and "regional inter-dependence". Testing all of the movements you see in the videos and seeing if there are any discrepancies between right and left can help your calf. A shoulder one could as well as a trunk twist. Let me know if you have more questions on this or if you need further direction. I want your calf to feel better soon!

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey

I can answer questions about pain and training program. If there is a question about running that I don't know then I'll do some research and make sure I provide you with an answer.

I'm a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I'm a track and cross country coach. I train clients throughout the year. I've helped prepare athletes for their NFL Pro Days. I've written articles on running. Finally, those that I work with have less pain and run faster.

American Physical Therapy Association- Sports Section

The 6 Week Workout Program- I'm the author of this book Many articles on the internet including,, and my blog

Doctor of Physical Therapy BS in Exercise Science NSCA- CSCS and CPT USA Weightlifting Level I NPI- Certified Posture Specialist Total Motion Release Level II Certified Dry Needling

National Posture Institute's International Perfect Posture of the Year Award 2011 Clinical Excellence Award- Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions Aegis Therapies Scholarship recipient