Jogging & Running/knee pain with a click sound while walking

i m sangeeta from india.i generally dnt jogg or run,,but ten days back i suddenly started jogging n developed left knee pain localized to my upper medial part of tibia..n now i m getting click sound from my left knee while walking..x ray knee is normal n i showed to orthopedician..he tested clinically for ligament n meniscal was all normal..then can u plz tel me what could be the prob with my left knee??

thank u

Dear Sangeeta,

This Orthopedic Chicago Podiatrist located in West Loop 60661,Roscoe Village 60618, Elmhurst 60126 & Bartlett 60103 says...
For your knee pain.
You probably irritated your knee while running. Try supportive running shoes on your next run. For now
Protect the knee-put on a wrap
Rest-Speaks for itself
Ice-As much as possible
Compress-Apply an ace wrap if swollen
Elevate-if it swells or throbs.
If it is not better in @ 3 weeks see your orthopedist again.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck!
The podiatrists of are specialists in orthopedics and sports medicine.
We are located in Chicago & Elmhurst

Dr George Tsatsos & Svetlana Zats
Podiatrist Chicago 60618 & Elmhurst 60126 Podiatrists
Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery & Orthopedics
New South Loop Location-Chicago 60661

This information is offered as free advice and as general information. It may not be applicable to the specific questioner and his/her problem.  It is not based on actual knowledge of the questioner or his/her medical history and it cannot and should not be relied upon as definitive medical opinion or advice.  Reliable medical opinion and advice can only be obtained through hands-on physical contact and exam of the patient to establish an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.  No doctor/patient relationship is created or established here and may not be inferred through answers on this site.  The questioner and other readers must consult his/her own doctor before proceeding or implementing any suggestions contained within this document and answers on this site.  The questioner is only to act upon his/her own doctorís orders and recommendations. By reading this posting which follows, the reader fully understands and confirms that he/she holds harmless this writer. If this is not fully agreeable to you, the reader, and/or you have not attained the age of 18 years, you hereby are advised to read no further.

Jogging & Running

Dr George Tsatsos