Jogging & Running/running tips

Question
There will be my test after one week in which I have to run/ cross 2.5km in just 12 minutes, so can you give me some simple tips on running & how to succeeding it because I am not a regular runner so I don't have any idea about it. My weight is 75 kg.
Tell me how to complete 2.5 km in 12 minutes & tell me about breathing also how to breath  during running & how to holding the breath during running & how to start running?

Answer
Bahrain, Do the following X items and it'll give you the best shot possible to achieving this.

I don't know what day your test is or how much time you'll have to train for it, but hopefully you can incorporate the following items.

Before the test
1) Run 2.5 km. After running that rest for about 5 minutes. Then perform 2, 100 meter sprints that are separated with 2 minutes of rest. Rest for about 3 minutes and then slowly jog 1 km.

2) Make sure to only a slow 1-2 km the day before the test. You want to do enough so that you feel good on test day, but not too much to where you are sore and are still recovering from past runs.

3) Drink a lot of water the day before the test.

On test day
1) Eat a lot of carbohydrates and sugar the day of the test.
2) Don't eat any food for 2 hours before the test.
3) Drink a lot of water before the test, but don't drink any 30 minutes before the test.
4) Run a consistent pace during the race. Don't run fast and slow. Just run steady. If you need to slow down or speed up then just make small changes.
5) A commonly used breathing technique is breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth.
6) Try to make your breath as easy as possible. Easy breathing will mean easier running.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey