Jogging & Running/Should i start jogging or should i wait till surgery

Question
Hi Nick i injured my knee doing sprints about 8 months ago, I stop working out,  i just got an MRI and it came back with a ganglion cyst on my PCL. About two months  i started jogging again but my knee started hurting and swelled up.. I don't have an appointment till two weeks from now and Im desperate to get back in shape is it ok if i start doing a little bit of elliptic exercises to get started or would that just make my cyst worse... What would you recomend?

Thank in advance for your time...

Answer
Carlos, I'm not a physician and haven't evaluated your knee either. However, I doubt that you can cause much harm. That being said, I recommend trying to do more upper body exercises. You can really burn calories with fast, lighter weight upper body exercises. This video is an example of some you can do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhRyl4ZKldw

You can try the elliptical. If you don't feel much pain then it should be fine. If you do feel pain then it's probably not worth the pain or the risk of causing any damage.

Good luck and let me know if you have other questions!

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey