Jogging & Running/Anterior iliac crest pain

Question
Hi.
I have been experiencing iliac crest pain for a couple of weeks. The pain feels like a bruise when pressed athough i have not bumped into or fallen into anything. The pain is localised to that area with no pain at all anywhere else. I run 3 x. A week ave 5 -7miles.  I have been running through the pain with the last run being 7mile with hills. I think i have now reached the point where i think i need rest now. Can you reccomend and stretches or indeed a hint as to what is causing the pain?  Was training for my 2nd half marathon but now i think this may have to be cancelled :(

Answer
Thanks for trusting me to help Shona. I have a few questions that I need to ask to help you.

Is the pain inside the pelvis or outside? Inside would likely be the iliacus muscle and the outside would likely be the glute medius or maximus muscle. This will help me provide any stretches or movements that can help.

If it is muscular, which it seems to be, I could recommend a couple of different options. If you'll give me your state or zip code I could recommend who might be able to help you best.

I hope you don't need to cancel your marathon. When people have goals go work hard and be active I want them to achieve those goals!

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey