Jogging & Running/pain on calves(under knee back part)

i am getting very much pain on my calves both.its pain,feeling tired and burning.i work at AC store and standing couple of hours.when i drive on the way to home for an hour my calves and feet are like burning.i take my foot from the from the brake and accelerator while how can i get rid of from this

There's 2 main possibilities for you. First, is really tight calves that have trigger points and possible muscle strain.

The second is Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome.

The first possibility is very treatable with consistent stretching and slow heel/calf raises (

The second is diagnosed with sticking a needle into your calf to measure the pressure. ( Surgery is the only effective cure. However, you may be able to manage it with stretching and massage and other soft-tissue treatment techniques that a physical therapist can provide. This will not cure it, but relieve most symptoms.

The other possibility is a deep vein thrombosis (DVT). You can use this link ( to diagnose yourself, but if your legs aren't swelling up and you haven't had a recent surgery or been bed ridden the chances are pretty low.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance or what questions you have.

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey

I can answer questions about pain and training program. If there is a question about running that I don't know then I'll do some research and make sure I provide you with an answer.

I'm a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I'm a track and cross country coach. I train clients throughout the year. I've helped prepare athletes for their NFL Pro Days. I've written articles on running. Finally, those that I work with have less pain and run faster.

American Physical Therapy Association- Sports Section

The 6 Week Workout Program- I'm the author of this book Many articles on the internet including,, and my blog

Doctor of Physical Therapy BS in Exercise Science NSCA- CSCS and CPT USA Weightlifting Level I NPI- Certified Posture Specialist Total Motion Release Level II Certified Dry Needling

National Posture Institute's International Perfect Posture of the Year Award 2011 Clinical Excellence Award- Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions Aegis Therapies Scholarship recipient