Jogging & Running/Post Tib Tendon

Question
QUESTION: I found this video that finally helped me isolate the structure that has been the focus of my pain. The posterior tibial tendon on my left foot. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmw7OWedRvM)The video uses a tennis ball to show how to roll out the areas under the foot. My discomfort runs up the inside of the ankle to the ankle bone. Any suggestions on stretches or movements to work that area out?

ANSWER: Yes! Keep doing what is shown in the video. Also perform heel raises (aka calf raises) with your left foot pointed inward. Perform that along with resisted ankle inversion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNSUK19I_k.

Hopefully this does it for you! As always, let me know if you have any questions.

QUESTION: I cannot stop running all together and rest my foot until this is completely resolved. I have reduced the frequency of my running from 4x a week to 2-3 x. Which would be more beneficial to the healing process in the interim - longer low intensity runs or shorter high intensity runs

Answer
I wish I could give you a solid answer on that, but I can't. I prefer longer low intensity runs, but there are also smart people who would disagree with me.

Are you performing the exercises (heel raises and resisted ankle inversion that I discussed in the last answer? I recommend performing them immediately before you run and even in the middle of your run.  

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey