Jogging & Running/is running beter or cycling

hi, I really need to know if running and walking on the running machine or cycling on the exercise bike will make all of my legs from my feet to my hips way skinny. I would get both but I can only hav 1 of them for now, so could you please tell me if the running machine ore the exercise bike will make me skinnyer!?! thanx so much
cant wait for the answer

Neither can promise that your legs will be "way skinny", but running has the ability to burn more calories in a shorter amount of time. Plus, you work your legs in an eccentric and concentric phase whereas cycling mostly works the concentric portion. I choose running, but the most important thing is that you actually use what you choose. If you like one more than the other then choose that one.  

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey

I can answer questions about pain and training program. If there is a question about running that I don't know then I'll do some research and make sure I provide you with an answer.

I'm a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I'm a track and cross country coach. I train clients throughout the year. I've helped prepare athletes for their NFL Pro Days. I've written articles on running. Finally, those that I work with have less pain and run faster.

American Physical Therapy Association- Sports Section

The 6 Week Workout Program- I'm the author of this book Many articles on the internet including,, and my blog

Doctor of Physical Therapy BS in Exercise Science NSCA- CSCS and CPT USA Weightlifting Level I NPI- Certified Posture Specialist Total Motion Release Level II Certified Dry Needling

National Posture Institute's International Perfect Posture of the Year Award 2011 Clinical Excellence Award- Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions Aegis Therapies Scholarship recipient