Jogging & Running/Shin Splint pain or something else?

Question
My lower leg bone is very tender to the touch on the inside (posterior tibialis region). I don't run or work out but I do overpronate. The pain is constant (only when touched), and not exclusively after activity. It also seems to only occur in my right leg.  Is this just shin splints or could this be something else? If it helps, I'm 40 & not very active.

Answer
It sounds very much like shin splints. I recommend performing heel raises (calf raises) with your toes pointing in. Another option is to roll onto the outside of your feet (supinate) and then back flat. Repeat this many times.  Both can help strengthen that area and relieve the pain. I've had great success with medial shin splints with them.

I practice northeast of Baltimore. Feel free to come down and see me if this doesn't get better.

Don't hesitate to ask anymore questions!

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey