Jogging & Running/Psoas

Question
Hi Nick. I have cut down on my mileage this season. My body just does not want to run 6 milers anymore. Sometimes even 3 becomes a chore. Any suggestions for loosening the Psoas? It is tightness on the front of the hip and Quad that has been limiting me.

Answer
Len, Obviously stretching is imporant. It's important to stretch at least 2 or 3 different types of ways. Sometimes hold it for 1-3 mins straight. Sometimes only hold it only a couple seconds and do several of them in a row. Stretch some prior to running, but most of it should be performed after running. Foam rolling is also benficial. It can also be beneficial to see a massage therapist, physical therapist, or acupuncturist.

Let me know if you have questions regarding these recommendations and as always never hesitate to ask further questions.  

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey