Jogging & Running/running

I am new to running and can barley make 500 ft. So if I stop to catch my breath and then go on, does it make a difference as far as how many calories I burn?

Also I know that muscle burns fat. Does that mean I can eat what I please? It sounds funny but I'm serious.

Joyce, Great job starting to run! It doesn't matter if you have to stop and then start again. The further you go the more calories you burn.

I'm sorry, I wish it meant you could eat whatever you want, but it doesn't. More muscle mass burns more calories and our bodies have calories stored as fat. One of my (actually probably my favorite) place to get nutrition is from He has clients (so he knows how to get results) and a Ph.D. (so he has great knowledge).

Please don't hesitate to follow-up with further questions. Good luck!  

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey

I can answer questions about pain and training program. If there is a question about running that I don't know then I'll do some research and make sure I provide you with an answer.

I'm a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I'm a track and cross country coach. I train clients throughout the year. I've helped prepare athletes for their NFL Pro Days. I've written articles on running. Finally, those that I work with have less pain and run faster.

American Physical Therapy Association- Sports Section

The 6 Week Workout Program- I'm the author of this book Many articles on the internet including,, and my blog

Doctor of Physical Therapy BS in Exercise Science NSCA- CSCS and CPT USA Weightlifting Level I NPI- Certified Posture Specialist Total Motion Release Level II Certified Dry Needling

National Posture Institute's International Perfect Posture of the Year Award 2011 Clinical Excellence Award- Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions Aegis Therapies Scholarship recipient