Jogging & Running/Rebounder

A few years ago I developed knee problems and had to stop running. I switched to a stationary bike. Since then, my weight has crept up, and my irritable bowel syndrome has gotten worse. I honestly believe that the bouncing around helped my digestion and organs in general. I just got a rebounder and hope that the low impact bouncing will help. Thanks for your thoughts!

Bud, I think that's a great idea. The difference between biking and running is that biking requires predominantly concentric contractions whereas running requires concentric and eccentric. A rebounder will elicit both types of contractions as well. I've never heard of bouncing helping digestion, but it definitely seems plausible. I hope it works for you!

Don't hesitate to follow-up with further questions.  

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey

I can answer questions about pain and training program. If there is a question about running that I don't know then I'll do some research and make sure I provide you with an answer.

I'm a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I'm a track and cross country coach. I train clients throughout the year. I've helped prepare athletes for their NFL Pro Days. I've written articles on running. Finally, those that I work with have less pain and run faster.

American Physical Therapy Association- Sports Section

The 6 Week Workout Program- I'm the author of this book Many articles on the internet including,, and my blog

Doctor of Physical Therapy BS in Exercise Science NSCA- CSCS and CPT USA Weightlifting Level I NPI- Certified Posture Specialist Total Motion Release Level II Certified Dry Needling

National Posture Institute's International Perfect Posture of the Year Award 2011 Clinical Excellence Award- Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions Aegis Therapies Scholarship recipient