Jogging & Running/Rebounder

Question
Nick
A few years ago I developed knee problems and had to stop running. I switched to a stationary bike. Since then, my weight has crept up, and my irritable bowel syndrome has gotten worse. I honestly believe that the bouncing around helped my digestion and organs in general. I just got a rebounder and hope that the low impact bouncing will help. Thanks for your thoughts!

Answer
Bud, I think that's a great idea. The difference between biking and running is that biking requires predominantly concentric contractions whereas running requires concentric and eccentric. A rebounder will elicit both types of contractions as well. I've never heard of bouncing helping digestion, but it definitely seems plausible. I hope it works for you!

Don't hesitate to follow-up with further questions.  

Jogging & Running

Nick Rainey