John, Elton/eltn john album

Question
My neighbor gave me some albums and one is titled Elton John and front cover at the top says MCA records. the record itself says UNI and number is 93090 and Stereo. Is this his first album or was the cover reissued but she has the first record still?

thanks for any help, Tom

Answer
Hi Tom,

UNI was changed to MCA in 1972. Elton first five albums were on UNI and then subsequently on MCA. You more than likely have an MCA reissue of the Elton John album. However, you may have the original UNI vinyl and somehow it ended up in a MCA sleeve.  

And, this album was NOT Elton's first. That would be the Empty Sky album, released in 1969.

Hope this helps and thanks for the question!
Austin

John, Elton

Austin Scott