Joint Pain Relief/Constant neck popping, is that normal?

I've noticed my neck pops quietly, or grinds everytime i turn it to the left. there is no pain related, but is this normal?  The left side of my jaw pops as well when i open it wide. It sounds like it's coming from the back of my neck, but i may be wrong. Also, can you give me a few tips on how to stretch properly, and a few good stretches to do in the morning?

Hi Amira,

If your neck pops it usually means you have some tight muscles compressing the joints.  If it just kind of "crackles" a bit, that still may be from some tight muscles, but it also may be what is called "benign crepitus" which sometimes doesn't go away, but isnt' too much to worry about.

If your jaw pops, again it's most likely from tight muscles compressing the jaw joint (tmj).  Sometimes even after releasing the muscles the jaw still pops a bit because the little disc in the joint has changed shape from being compressed for so long.

Sooooo, the way to find out what's going on with your joints is to release them and see what improves.  My completely free website,
Do-It-Yourself-Joint-Pain-Relief ,
where I have videos for every single joint in the body will show you what to do.

I'd recommend you go to the main Neck Pain Relief page,
and follow along with the videos.

And then go to the main Jaw Pain Relief page,
and follow along with the videos.

Follow along with the videos and you'll find out what symptoms are caused by "tight muscles" and what is "benign crepitus."

For a morning stretch routine I would just go to and search "beginner yoga series" and pick one you like.  There will be many to choose from.

I do hope this proves helpful.

Gary Crowley  

Joint Pain Relief

Gary Crowley

I can show 95 percent people how to relieve or eliminate their own joint pain for basically every joint in their body. 95 percent of joint pain, even chronic joint pain, is due to the shortening and tightening of tissue around joints. I show people how to release that tight tissue that is causing their pain. Every joint and every person is unique, but the principles to free yourself from pain are the same in 95 percent of cases.

I've been a Chronic Pain Relief Specialist for over 23 years, and have worked with over 25,000 bodies.

Stanford University The Rolf Institute for Structural Integration