Joint Pain Relief/Joint Clicking

Hello, I don't know if you can help me but wanted to ask anyway. I developed a clicking of a joint near my ear every time I swallow. It is not the same exact second I swallow but about 1 or 2 seconds after so it cannot be the eustachian tube. I feel it around the ear area. I don't think its TMJ because I do not feel any pain just the annoying click sound. Is there anything you recommend hot compress, cold/ice compress, massages, vitamins,drinks? Thank you.

Hello Arno,

Interesting issue you're dealing with. I do have something that I think may work to get the clicking to stop, but I must be honest, I've never heard anyone describe a symptom such as yours.  But if you walked into my office I'd do exactly what I recommend to you below, so you'll just have to give it a shot and see if it helps.

Basically, I'd like to show you how to release your jaw, the temporalis muscle on the side of your head, the base of your skull (occiput) and a few other things to see if creating more freedom in the area will help eliminate the clicking. And I think there's a good chance it will.

Most often, joint pain or lack of appropriate joint function (like clicking) is caused by the shortening and tightening of tissue around joints.  If the joint is compressed or torqued then it will often hurt when you use it, or will click or crack as well.

I explain a lot of this on my completely free website, Do-It-Yourself-Joint-Pain-Relief,
where I've got follow-along joint pain relief videos for every joint in the body.

Even though you are not experiencing jaw joint pain, I'm going to recommend you go to the Jaw Joint Pain Relief page,
And follow along with the videos.  I would be very surprised if a lot of the muscle groups I have you work on are not tight and need to be released.  And if you release them I think theres a good chance your clicking will go away.

I do hope this helps.

All the best,

Gary Crowley

Joint Pain Relief

Gary Crowley

I can show 95 percent people how to relieve or eliminate their own joint pain for basically every joint in their body. 95 percent of joint pain, even chronic joint pain, is due to the shortening and tightening of tissue around joints. I show people how to release that tight tissue that is causing their pain. Every joint and every person is unique, but the principles to free yourself from pain are the same in 95 percent of cases.

I've been a Chronic Pain Relief Specialist for over 23 years, and have worked with over 25,000 bodies.

Stanford University The Rolf Institute for Structural Integration