Joint Pain Relief/SI Joint Pain & Bicycling

Question
I've recently been diagnosed with SI joint pain due to arthritis and inflammation. If I would begin to ride a bicycle would it increase my pain or would the pain eventually cease with--with long term riding?

Answer
Hi Judy,

Sorry about the Sacroiliac Joint Pain.  I do think there are many things you can do to eliminate or relieve your pain.  I also think you will be able to ride your bike, but I do not believe that will help in fixing the problem.

I'm going to send you to my completely free Do-It-Yourself-Joint-Pain-Relief website, http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/
The website has free follow-along videos with joint pain relief techniques for every joint in the body, and I think you can probably fix yourself.

If you take a moment and think of all the muscles in your body like the rigging (ropes) on a big old-fashioned sailboat, you can begin to understand that all the tension in all the muscles must balance off each other for us to stand, sit, walk, run, etc. in the way our body is designed to do so. And because bones are basically chunks of calcium that are incapable of moving on their own, it is the muscles and soft-tissue that pull or hold bones in place.  Thus, it is inappropriately tight soft-tissue that negatively affecting your body.

Your Sacroiliac joint is just the place where you tailbone and hip bone come together.

The vast majority of chronic structural pain in a body is caused by the shortening and tightening of tissue around joints.   If you had torn tendons or ligaments, or fractured bones this would be a different matter, but the good news is that from your question, it seems that you do not.

Okay, so I do think the Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief page,
http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/sacroiliac-joint-pain-relief.htm
is the best place to start.

But then I do want you to go to the main Lower Back Pain Relief page and do the videos.  
http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/lower-back-pain-relief.html
There will be some overlap from the SI pain page, but there will also be other techniques.

Notice where you are tight and get those areas free, and there is a very good chance you will be pain free.  If the pain returns you'll then know what to do to get yourself out of pain.

I do hope this helps.

All the best,

Gary Crowley

Joint Pain Relief

Gary Crowley