Joint Pain Relief/Knee pain at times.

Hello, I am 56 year old man of normal weight. My left leg is slightly longer than the right if this means anything. I wear a small 1/16 or slightly larger lift in my right shoe. When I bend my left knee all the way inward it hurts or feels a little weak only when I get all the way to the end of the bend, I do this while in bed at night. Should I try to strengthen the quads and hamstrings or should I do stretches of some sort ?
Thank You.

Hi Doug,

Sorry to hear about the knee pain.

It sounds like you are probably just a bit tight and need to release some tight.  I'm not exactly sure of the position you describe when it hurts, but bascially, if it's a movement you've been doing for years and now it hurts when you do it, it's most likely tight tissue.

I show you how to fix your own knee on my free website
I think your best best is to follow along with the videos on the main Knee Joint Pain Relief page here:

You might also benefit from my Pelvic Girdle Pain Relief page, even if your pelvis doesn't hurt.
There's a chance that your hips are tight and negatively affecting your knee, so just wanted
to ad that, just in case.

I do hope this proves helpful.

All the best,

Gary Crowley

Joint Pain Relief

Gary Crowley

I can show 95 percent people how to relieve or eliminate their own joint pain for basically every joint in their body. 95 percent of joint pain, even chronic joint pain, is due to the shortening and tightening of tissue around joints. I show people how to release that tight tissue that is causing their pain. Every joint and every person is unique, but the principles to free yourself from pain are the same in 95 percent of cases.

I've been a Chronic Pain Relief Specialist for over 23 years, and have worked with over 25,000 bodies.

Stanford University The Rolf Institute for Structural Integration