Joint Pain Relief/question - joint pain in taller people

Yeah Gary, not sure if this is the right question to ask you or not, but I see you know about joints with the body, my question is are Taller people more prone to getting Stiff or sore than shorter people?

I have worked at a few factories and have noticed shorter people don't seem to be bothered by standing for long periods of time or looking downwards. Im a tall 6ft. skinny guy with a longer neck and I just get stiff in my neck and back shoulders from standing and looking down at the assembly line. Am I just out of shape or getting old, i sit alot and am in my middle 30's.

Hi Travis,

In my experience you are correct.  It is a bit harder on taller people to work on an assembly line.  All of your levers (arms) are longer and take more power to operate, so the joints (shoulders in particular) get tight which causes your neck to get tight.  Plus, you might have to tilt your head forward more while doing whatever you do, which will stress your neck muscles more.
I've noticed my patients who get injured doing Pilates tend to be tall and lanky. Their longer arms make Pilates type exercises very stressful on the shoulder joints.  Very anecdotally, I had an old barber tell me once that tall lanky guys never last as barbers because their bodies break down from standing more than shorter folks, with proportionally shorter legs.  Now I always look at barbers when I walk by a shop and it seems to be true.  All the old barbers seem to be smaller guys.
You might want to start doing my techniques on a regular basis to keep yourself free.  10 - 20 minutes at the end of a long day might save you.
Just FYI - my free website has videos for every joint in your body, if you ever want to give it a go.
All the best,
Gary Crowley

Joint Pain Relief

Gary Crowley

I can show 95 percent people how to relieve or eliminate their own joint pain for basically every joint in their body. 95 percent of joint pain, even chronic joint pain, is due to the shortening and tightening of tissue around joints. I show people how to release that tight tissue that is causing their pain. Every joint and every person is unique, but the principles to free yourself from pain are the same in 95 percent of cases.

I've been a Chronic Pain Relief Specialist for over 23 years, and have worked with over 25,000 bodies.

Stanford University The Rolf Institute for Structural Integration