Joint Pain Relief/Elbow/hand pain

I workout at the gym 4/5 times a week using weights.  For the last year or so I have had pain in my elbow and hand. The elbow pain is on the outside of the elbow.  When doing certain exercises I get a short sharp pain on the elbow and if i press down on my little finger i get pain running up my forearm. With other exercises such as hammer curls i get a pain on the front of my hand and lose my grip.  For a while I have thought it might have something to do with my ulnar nerve but not sure. I have just recently found your do-it-yourself web site and have started using the techniques on your videos for wrist and elbow pain.  I noticed a difference immediately with regards to the pain that I would get when pushing down on my little finger.  However I went to the gym tonight and had the same problems.  I was wondering if you could offer me any advice?  If I have had the pain for this length of time will it take longer for the elbow and wrist techniques to work? How often should I do the sessions and for how long?
Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Sorry to hear about the elbow and hand issues.  And I'm glad you found my videos.
Just so we're clear, I assume you've found all the videos for Elbow Joint Pain Relief here,
and all the videos for Hand Pain Relief here,
some people watch my videos on YouTube and don't see the whole series for each joint.

That said, I think you probably just need to release some of the deeper layers of inappropriate tension
in your forearm, arm and shoulder girdle.  When you free the right muscle groups your issues should go away
pretty quickly (I'm tempted to say, "immediately," once you've released the causative inappropriate tension.

If you are a weight lifter you might have some pretty tight tissue, so you might think about having one of your friends do some of the techniques on you.  They can press on a tender spot while you do a press-hold-move.  They can  take both their thumbs and press into your forearm.... finger tips into triceps, brachioradialis, pec major minor, subscapularis, teres major minor, etc. all while you do a press-hold-move.

Stick with it and you'll set yourself free.  Then you should probably do regular maintenance after you work out by releasing whatever tension you can find so it doesn't build back up.

I do hope this is helpful.

All the best,

Thank you for the quick response, really appreciate it.

I can confirm that I have  watched the full videos on the do-it-yourself  web site. I found them very useful.

After the first couple of sessions I did notice an immediate improvement.  After a coupe of visits to the gym though the same pain appeared. I have had the issue for a longtime so I guess it will take a while to get rid of the muscle tightness.

About half way down on the top of my forearm the muscle is very tender when I apply pressure.  Is this purely down to the muscle tightness or could I be leaning to heavily on the nerves?

Thank you again for your time and help.

Kind regards

Hi Ian,

First, I'm glad to hear the techniques helped you.  And it's good to know that what you're doing at the gym is what seems to bring back some of the symptoms.  I would notice where the muscle tension has returned after your visits to the gym and release it.  Ideally, you'll know your "spots" you need to release after the gym to keep yourself free.  Or you could do less gym work to the point where your not in pain and compensate with other forms of exercise if you're so inclined.

About halfway down the top of your forearm there is a spot there is a nerve plexus that is pretty tender, even if it's tight, so I wouldn't worry about that one spot too much.

Hope this was helpful.

All the best,

Gary Crowley

Joint Pain Relief

Gary Crowley

I can show 95 percent people how to relieve or eliminate their own joint pain for basically every joint in their body. 95 percent of joint pain, even chronic joint pain, is due to the shortening and tightening of tissue around joints. I show people how to release that tight tissue that is causing their pain. Every joint and every person is unique, but the principles to free yourself from pain are the same in 95 percent of cases.

I've been a Chronic Pain Relief Specialist for over 23 years, and have worked with over 25,000 bodies.

Stanford University The Rolf Institute for Structural Integration