Joint Pain Relief/Wrist Pain not going away

Question
Hi Gary,

I hurt my left wrist while weight-lifting about 3 months ago.
Doctor diagnosed that it was a sprain and that I just need have a brace on for a couple months. We took X-rays and there seemed to be nothing wrong with the bone.

But now I'm worried after 3 months because it still hurts when I Try to do push-ups, pull-ups or any weight-lifting. It's been 3 months (I don't wear the brace anymore after 2 months) and although there's no obvious pain in daily tasks, it still hurts whenever I try to exert some significant weight on it.

How can I accelerate healing so I can go back to the gym? Should I keep wearing a wrist splint or ice?

Thank you so much

Answer
Hello Jeremy,

Sorry to hear about the wrist.  Sometimes when you strain the ligaments in your wrist (ligaments connect bone to bone) it does take a while to heal, but 2 months is usually about what it takes.  So, at this point I do think there are some things you can do yourself that may accelerate your healing so you can get back to the gym.

I have a completely free website Do-It-Yourself-Joint-Pain-Relief.com
http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/
where I have videos for fixing every single joint in the body.

I'm going to recommend you go to my Wrist Pain Relief page,
http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/wrist-pain-relief.html#.U4iZGpRd
and follow along with the videos that will show you how to free your wrist from any inappropriate tension
that may be inhibiting proper function.

It's great that you've had x-rays done and they didn't really find anything.  That means the odds are that you now just have some tight tissue that needs to be released, so your wrist has the space and freedom it needs to not get jammed when doing certain actions.  I've personally had similar injuries and they do get better much faster when you do the things I show in my videos.

All the best,
Gary Crowley

Joint Pain Relief

Gary Crowley