Joint Pain Relief/Exercising after lumbar spinal fusion

Question
QUESTION: Are your exercises safe for one who has had a lumbar fushion? I had one about two years ago and still have had pain issues (mostly sciatica, I guess). The pain has increased in the last month or so and I need answers so I can avoid another surgery. I have enjoyed trying some of your videos, but am not sure if they are completely safe for me.

Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi Marlene,

While I can't diagnose your condition over the internet, doing my techniques carefully and with common sense should be okay.  The key is to just be aware that while the actual soft-tissue you are pressing on my be a little painful, you shouldn't be feeling the pain where you fusion is.  If you do feel pain where your fusion is then stop or modify what you are doing.  

For instance, my Pelvic Girdle Pain Relief page,
http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/pelvic-girdle-pain-relief.html
has many, many techniques for you to do, so if one seems to negatively affect your fusion
then just move on to the next one.   I think you should be fine with a good dose of common sense.

And, if you are really uncertain, just don't do any particular technique in question.

I do hope that helps.

All the best,

Gary Crowley

QUESTION: Thank you - I appreciate the information and will avoid anything that causes excess discomfort.

Is there any way to download these videos so I can watch them on my TV? My computer isn't in a very accessible place for exercise. If not, I'll make it work. It's a great service you are providing for us.

Sincerely,
Marlene Fish

Answer
Hi Marlene,

No, sorry.  No CD's available.  Some folks watch on their phone if that's an option.
Other folks print out the entire page, where I list every technique I do under each video.
If you watch the video a few times and then have the printed text to remind you
that works for most folks.

Hope that helps a bit.  Keep up the good work.

All the best,

Gary C.
http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/

Joint Pain Relief

Gary Crowley