Joomla CMS/I can only see source code of web template

I'm trying to implement a CMS in a small business company. I'm using joomla 1.7 with wamp server. Joomla and Wamp server is installed on a small server. Both of them are working fine.
I have a problem in viewing Joomla web templates. In IE9, it gives me a blank page, in google chrome, it gives me the source code and in forefox, it gives me a ftp like view. I'm not able to view graphical content of site.
I have downloaded several templates. I tried to view it using index.html and index.php files. but no luck.
It was working at the first place, but i don't know what happened.
Please help.
Thank you.

Hi Mohamed,

thanks for your question.

It looks like the PHP interpreter is not correctly configured in WAMP server. You can create a simpler test by creating a file called phpinfo.php with the content

in your web space. This file should normally output PHP's configuration settings - in your case I suspect it would simply output the text above.

WAMP server is based on Apache server and there will be a configuration file somewhere, which should contain

LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2.dll"
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php

(For Apache version 2 and PHP version 5)

However, because WAMP server comes as a whole package it may be worthwhile taking a more detailed question to the WAMP server community.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joomla CMS

Jochen Daum

From a technology perspective, I can answer questions - as they relate to the Joomla CMS: - Browser compatibility, specifically, as they relate to modern browser versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Apple Safari, but also related to Mobile phone technology, RSS feeds and related Internet technologies - Site layout planning, such as with wireframes - Content planning including how to set up categories, subcategories, sections and the like - User access control planning and implementation - Image, file, video (Youtube) and link management - E-Commerce including product categories, products, product pricing including multiple pricing categories for retail customers, wholesale and resellers - Intranet and other set-ups that require login - image galleries, banner management and other mass image management facilities In regards to specific Joomla components we can asnwer questions regarding - Virtuemart, formerly phpShop, but also general advice in regards to E-Commerce components - Jevents, but also general advice in regards to Events management, including for the music industry - RSForm, but also general advice in regards to form management components - Joomfish, but also topics of IP Address detection, country targeting and other techniques to show content dependend on user location and profile - Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin integration - Custom integration with any other computer system - Custom database integration - Ignite Gallery, but also other image galleries - Custom development of templates, components (such as calculators), modules and plugins - Developer advice on how to manage source code, backups, servers and related technologies

I have been developing websites for Mambo and then Joomla since 2003. We currently manage a portfolio of several large scale Joomla installations for major businesses, which are world-leaders in their specific markets. Furthermore, have provided mentoring services to Joomla component developers and advise developers and businesses alike on long term development strategies and management of source code, features, backups and intellectual property.

Linkedin, Xing, BNI

I hold a Masters degree, computer science from Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany. My majors were Crypography, Databases, Software Engineering and computer networks. More importantly, I have been a passionate and successful business owner of a web development company, Automatem, now into its 7th year.

Academic Colleges Group Philips Selecon