Joomla CMS/Joomla SSL Contact Form

Dear Expert, I have been given the task of adjusting a website who uses a joomla CMS, I am to add a contact form that uses SSL, I have been given some info but am unsure of what to do next {p.s I have managed to add working contact form}.. this is the info I have been given:-

you must link to images and files on your website using a relative link e.g. images/test.jpg rather than using an absolute link {I know what this means but am unsure how to do this in joomla, in html it would be simple}

We have mapped the URL:- to

sorry for the delay in answering this question.

Normally, you can expect the links in the CMS all to be relative, that is if the website does not link to files or images on other websites and if the template has been built to a proper standard.

By default Joomla's editor and also the commonly used JCE editor store relative links for images and files, even if you enter absolute urls.

If you have files stored on external websites, you have the following options:
- investigate if the external website offers SSL as well and switch it
- move the file to your own website
- move the file to a public service that offers SSL, such as dropbox

If the template contains absolute links, then you need to edit it. Templates are stored in  templates/templatename/index.php

Theoretically, there may be images in any of the files under the html/ folder as well, but this is unusual.

Hope this helps,

Joomla CMS

Jochen Daum

From a technology perspective, I can answer questions - as they relate to the Joomla CMS: - Browser compatibility, specifically, as they relate to modern browser versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Apple Safari, but also related to Mobile phone technology, RSS feeds and related Internet technologies - Site layout planning, such as with wireframes - Content planning including how to set up categories, subcategories, sections and the like - User access control planning and implementation - Image, file, video (Youtube) and link management - E-Commerce including product categories, products, product pricing including multiple pricing categories for retail customers, wholesale and resellers - Intranet and other set-ups that require login - image galleries, banner management and other mass image management facilities In regards to specific Joomla components we can asnwer questions regarding - Virtuemart, formerly phpShop, but also general advice in regards to E-Commerce components - Jevents, but also general advice in regards to Events management, including for the music industry - RSForm, but also general advice in regards to form management components - Joomfish, but also topics of IP Address detection, country targeting and other techniques to show content dependend on user location and profile - Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin integration - Custom integration with any other computer system - Custom database integration - Ignite Gallery, but also other image galleries - Custom development of templates, components (such as calculators), modules and plugins - Developer advice on how to manage source code, backups, servers and related technologies

I have been developing websites for Mambo and then Joomla since 2003. We currently manage a portfolio of several large scale Joomla installations for major businesses, which are world-leaders in their specific markets. Furthermore, have provided mentoring services to Joomla component developers and advise developers and businesses alike on long term development strategies and management of source code, features, backups and intellectual property.

Linkedin, Xing, BNI

I hold a Masters degree, computer science from Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany. My majors were Crypography, Databases, Software Engineering and computer networks. More importantly, I have been a passionate and successful business owner of a web development company, Automatem, now into its 7th year.

Academic Colleges Group Philips Selecon