Joomla CMS/Using Joomla to publish simple DB on Website

Question
I have an existing website to support a prison ministry that operates throughout Florida. Once a resident attends this ministry he/she should not be able to participate in it again as a participant but can assist our volunteers as a helper.  However, the Florida Department of Corrections routinely moves prisoners from camp to camp so we have no way of knowing if a resident has gone through the program at a different camp.

We are compiling a database of those residents who have gone through the program and would like to make it available to our volunteers on a statewide basis so that they can check to see if the potential resident has participated in a program elsewhere.

The database consist of their DoC #, Last Name, First Name, Camp (Where they participated in the program), and a Comments Field. Right now there are approximately 5,000 entries in the database but this program has been ongoing in Florida for 35 years.  I've only scratched the surface of the number of those who have attended.  The database was built in MySQL format.

Is there any way that I can use Joomla to build an interface to the data that I've built and then post it to a page that is accessible on my existing website? (FLKairos.org)

Thank you for your time and interest.

God Bless...

Chuck Bradley

Answer
Hi Chuck,

many thanks for the question. I have some ideas how you can solve this problem, however I need some time to look up some things and am also buried in some emergency items here. Can I please get back to you within the next 3 days?

Kind Regards,

Jochen

Joomla CMS

Jochen Daum